TILE & STONE CARE & MAINTENANCE
The Do’s and Don’ts of Tile Care
Tile & Stone Care and Maintenance
Upkeep will keep your floors, walls, and countertops looking as vibrant as they did on the day you had them installed. Here’s some helpful tips to keep in mind when cleaning and caring for your ceramic tile:
- Sweep or vacuum your tile floors prior regularly. This will remove any dust or debris that could get ground in
- Test any scouring powders and sealants on a small area of tile prior to full application - these could damage your floors
- Use a sealant on grout joints shortly after installation and only use products compatible with cleaning grout joints
- Rinse the entire floor with clear water after cleaning to remove any residue from the cleaning solution
- Have any damaged or broken tiles removed and replaced only by a certified tile professional
- Don't use cleaners containing acid or bleach for routine maintenance, as these will damage your tile
- Don't use wax-based cleaners, oil-based detergents or sealants to maintain your tile (sealants should only be used on grout joints)
- Don't use harsh cleaning aids such as steel wool pads or any scouring pads containing metal
- Don't use a cleaning agent that contains color (unglazed tile only)
Caring For Tile After Installation
Different types of tile (glazed, unglazed, stone, glass and soft clay) may require different cleaning agents - be sure to consult your manufacturer recommendations before purchasing any cleaning products for your tile.
Regularly clean your glazed tile products with an all-purpose, non-oil-based household or commercial cleaner. Be sure that it is also grout-joint-cleaning-compatible. Multipurpose spray cleaners that are designed for everyday use will remove soap scum, hard water deposits, and mildew, and they can be used on wall tile areas in residential baths and showers.
To clean unglazed tile, use a concentrated tile cleaner with a neutral pH for safe, regular use. These are better able to removing grease, oils and normal spills, though they may vary depending on the application, use and amount of traffic on the floors. For routine cleaning of glass tile, use a non-abrasive cleaning compound that is manufacturer-recommended for use on glass or tile.
Your Ceramic Tile Deserves the Care of Mohawk FloorCare Essentials.
Thankfully, the most effective way to keep your Ceramic Tile collection in shining condition is also the easiest — with Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Tile & Grout Cleaner.
Good for granite, stone, marble, porcelain, and terrazzo, this 32.oz life–saver is designed with environmental impact and home usability in mind.
Made from an all natural formulation and sold in 100% recyclable plastic bottles, FloorCare Essentials keep your Ceramic Tile completely rinse and streak free while keeping the planet beautiful. Simply spray and wipe with a clean, dry micofiber cloth, sponge or mop.
Our comprehensive FloorCare Essentials Tile & Grout Care Kit provides even more tools to assist in your quest for maximum care. In addition to a 32 oz. Tile & Grout Cleaner, this one–stop clean–up shop includes a mop handle, mop head, Chenille Mop Cloth, grout brush, and cleaning guide.
We want to make caring for your Ceramic Tile a painless, time–saving process. FloorCare Essentials provides everything you need for any clean–up situation.