LVT Care & Maintenance
Discover tips for proper LVT care
Luxury Vinyl Tile Care and Maintenance
Caring for luxury vinyl tile floors is practically effortless. For routine cleaning, remove loose debris with a soft bristle broom, microfiber mop or vacuum with a soft brush or wood floor attachment. For occasional thorough cleaning, use a mop dampened with floor cleaner specifically formulated for luxury vinyl tile. For spot cleaning, use a damp cloth or sponge with a recommended cleaner.
How Should I Handle Spills?
Spills should always be cleaned up immediately to avoid any residue or spots and stains. Common products such as nail polish, red wine and permanent markers can cause discoloration, so address any accidents right away.
10 Tips for Proper Luxury Vinyl Tile Care
- Read the warranty. No one knows how to care for a luxury vinyl floor better than the people who made it, so follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Sweep or vacuum several times a week or more if conditions warrant. Abrasive dirt and grit tracked in may dull the finish over time in high-traffic areas.
- Use protective mats both inside and outside exterior entrances to catch dirt, debris, ice and snow.
- Avoid rubber-backed mats that can discolor floors, unless mats are specifcally warranted as colorfast.
- Beater brushes on vacuum cleaners are not recommended because they may scratch the finish.
- Use felt protectors or heavy cardboard when moving furniture or appliances.
- Use non-staining nylon cups or glides under furniture legs to avoid permanent indentations.
- A mop and warm water is usually be enough for simple cleanup.
- Do not let a spill sit. Liquids juices, red wine or pet urine can stain if left unattended.
- Never use abrasive cleaning tools, cleaners or compounds.
How Can I Prevent Scratching, Denting or Tearing?
Vacuum cleaners with a beater bar can scratch the surface of your flooring, as can scrub brushes. To further prevent scratches and tears, be sure to use felt pads on the bottom of furniture and invest in carpets or throw rugs designed specifically for vinyl floors.
Contact Nielsen Bros Flooring
For additional details, please contact your nearby Nielsen Bros Flooring showroom.